Each Christmas I like to do some giving back. I find that at this time of year, no one should be denied joy. I also like to use this time to teach Allie-Ann that Christmas is not a time for just receiving but it is also about giving and there is so much power in that. Today, we decided to take care of our furry friends this Christmas. I noticed that in my last visit to the vet that they had a Christmas wish list for shelter dogs around the area. You just pick a dog from the tree and provide the necessary things on the back of the tag for the dog. Some of the things were to donate money for a heartworm treatment, or for neutering, things like that. So I took Allie-Ann by this morning and let her pick a dog from the tree as our day 15 event. I think she was happy to get a few things for Gauge at the pet store. She has never met the dog nor will she ever I suppose, but in these moments I hope she learns about the power of giving to others.
December 15, 2012
Day 15: Buy for someone in need




No comments:
Post a Comment