January 1, 2011

Happy New Years!

Happy New Years everyone!! I'm super excited about the upcoming 2011 year, for starters it will be the year our second baby will be born. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is coming along compared to Allie-Ann's. But, I will say that it is SO different from my first pregnancy. In my ticker at the top of my blog I want it to read, I'm 13 weeks, 2 days pregnant and STILL SICK, only 187 days to go. I'm trying desperately to think positive on this sickness thing, but it is so tough this time around. I mean I don't have the energy to do anything and when I'm sick it's a no go in our household. Thank goodness for Kyle! He has been a tremendous help with taking on extra duties around the house. He has truly been amazing these last couple of months. I'm hoping and praying the end is near, I have one more week until the second trimester and typically from what I have read it gets better for most women. But, my OB doctor didn't make me feel better in telling me his wife was sick the entire 9 months!! Hopefully that won't be me but only time will tell. I am super excited about the new baby though and am already thinking about the nursery. I'm going to make it an ivory room with all white/silver accessories. We aren't going to find out the sex (for now though, but I'm sure I will be changing my mind as it nears, but we will still keep it a secret). It's fun to change things up a little.

I'm also excited about 2011 because it will hopefully be the year I graduate and have my doctorate degree in education!! It's been a LONG road, I'm going into my 4th year in the program, this January will be 3 years and I must say that this has been the most mentally challenging work I have ever done, but I know once I can accomplish this it will be worth it for my family. I'm considering all the possibilities I will have once I'm finished and that excites me. But, it's still a ways off and there are times when I feel as though I'm going ahead five steps to only be bumped back six. But, it's not supposed to be easy and I'm happy that it's been a challenge, it should be. I will say that it will also be a feat to get this considering that I started the program with no children and will finished it possibly with two. How about that?? Who does this...I believe it's usually the other way around but what happens in life is what is supposed to be. When I get discouraged at times I think about these people...

The great Rudy Ruettiger!! Every time I watch this movie, my heart just burst open, what an amazing story of determination. And it payed off for this guy, the only player to be carried off the field at Notre Dame
Oh, how cheesy but I love Rocky Balboa. The character that is, and who can resist the Rocky movies, I mean the "Eye of the Tiger" what a song to get you motivated.
The great Prefontaine! Who can match his determination and drive at age 24...
Nelson Mandela...from imprisonment to greatness, what a leader.


By no means am I comparing myself to these individuals and characters but they instill hope, drive and determination with the belief that anything is possible if you have the desire to achieve it.

I'm going to also think of these people when trying to train Allie-Ann to use the potty. It's going to take perseverance on my part, I will say that she did use the potty yesterday and we were so proud but once again today she has no interest. But that's life, you just have to roll with the punches, some days are great while others are a challenge but we have to make the most of it. I wish you all a very Happy New Year!!

No comments: