I don't know how many times I've had to rearrange this room to where I feel comfortable just looking at all the mess but I decided with all the new toys that Allie-Ann received for Christmas added to her previous stash that I would try my best to bring some order to the room. It seems as though this room keeps strinking, and I will not be sucked in....sooooo...I went to Lowe's and bought an organizer to hide or at least manage her new toys. I haven't added labels yet, but they will be added soon. I also bought a new table cloth for Allie-Ann's art table that I can simply take a wet cloth to when she gets paint on it. The cloth I used before was fabric and I was all time cleaning it. But I must say that my most IMPRESSIVE move was to buy a curtain to hang over the entrance way. That way at night when I don't feel like messing with all her toys I can just close the curtains and......WALLA it's not even a playroom anymore!!! The best part is when I have visitors I don't have to make sure the playroom is neat I can just close the curtains....they will never know!! So here are the before and after shots, and of course a playroom is never going to look perfect and Allie-Ann is not going to be a neat player, she enters the room and it's like a tornado came through the house in minutes but it will suffice another day.
I will say that Allie-Ann was not impressed with her room makeover, this was our conversation after nap when she came downstairs to her clean playroom.
Me: "Allie-Ann, how do you like your new playroom?"
Allie-Ann: "It's a mess!!!"
Oh, well...she's not going to like organization like her mommy. Which I think is a good thing because those of you with this disease of orderliness knows what I'm talking about, I've dreamed about being those happy go lucky people with their homes, I'm just not one of them.
Room before...

Room after...

The organizer from Lowe's that was on sale!!

The curtains to hide it all!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment