January 5, 2011

Food Aversions...

Lately, either I'm too sick to even move, or eating so much to deter the sickness that I have this extreme fear of being told that I've already reached my pregnancy weight limit and it's only week 14. The only time I don't feel sick is if I have something in my mouth....ughh. But the things that I want to put in my mouth aren't exactly that healthy, for some reason (and maybe I'm not alone in this) all I want is junk food. When I'm feeling good, I go back to my normal, somewhat healthy eating but when I'm sick all I want is the unhealthy stuff.....why o' why!!?? I've been taking my prenatal vitamin with DHA just so that I'm giving my little lima bean somewhat of a good start, but once again from what I've read is that what you eat really matters later on. Whew...because quite frankly I've been a terrible eater. Here's what I've been doing....

New Year's Eve Dinner:

*4 deviled eggs
*a bowl of creamy vegetable soup
*4 bread rolls
*I lost count of the cheese and crackers I continuously ate throughout the evening
*1 doughnut
*1 roasted hot dog
*1 roasted extra large marshmallow

What I snack on:

*Ruffles reduced fat (ha..ha) chips...I bought one bag on Monday and it is completely gone today and Kyle doesn't eat these chips
*a box of candy that includes lollipops, gobstoppers, and sugar sticks
*peppermints
*pistachio nuts
*goldfish (Allie-Ann and I fight over these)
*cottage cheese
*Cheez its (reduced fat...ha)
*saltines
*peanuts

What I like to eat:
*Chicken nuggets (McDonald's...and I NEVER go there...and chick-fil-a)
*Hamburgers
*french fries
*sugar candy
*Hot dogs

What I ate today:
*Fried mozzarella sticks
*Red velvet ice cream blast from Sonic...I NEVER go there either

So, this is my life as of right now, and trying to be a good mommy by offering Allie-Ann her usual nutritional meals has been a challenge and I know she is wondering why MY food looks SO MUCH different from hers. These days shall pass.....is there anyone out there that feels my pain and has gone through this while trying to be a mom to a toddler?

*Sorry I haven't posted any pictures of Allie-Ann lately, they will come (I do have a picture of her first deposit in the potty if anyone is interested...)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wendy, you are too funny, but what you are going through is quite normal!!! I will tell yout that when I was pregnant with Logan the weight and my belly seemed to come on more quickly than with the first one. Everything has already been stretched out once before (as the dr. explained to me to ease my worries). I didn't continue to gain at a horrifying pace though...as I am sure you won't either! And, your cravings will subside and you'll get the weight off later! Allie Ann will be happy eating what you give her (as long as you don't eat ALL the goldfish...ha!). Eat what you want, try to somewhat limit/portion size, and don't nag yourself about it!!! Enjoy being pregnant and do what it takes to NOT feel sick!!! :)

The Crotwell Family said...

Thank you Stephanie!!! You are always sooo supportive. I'm really just eating what I feel like I can handle and not throw up afterwards. I love being pregnant but this part is really hard. Yes, I'm already getting my preggo pants out, but I love them, the stretchy feel is wonderful. :-)

ktbug said...

We have Hannah's first HUGE potty poop saved on the camera. She's very proud of it and has to "see poopy" often. :)

I ate mozerella sticks, grilled cheese and cheese potatoes (from Wendy's). The only thing I could keep down (and sometimes not) was cheese. Luckily I didn't have a toddler to feed too. When I started to feel better all I wanted was strawberries and cucumbers. It'll all balance out!