January 31, 2011

Dresser Makeover

Here is an update in pictures of my furniture piece makeover. After making Kyle remove the glass from the front doors of the dresser and after several coats of stain and gloss, I decided that I would just remove the doors and put baskets inside instead. Kyle was not happy, but I just thought it would look better. I also painted the old knobs and dresser pulls instead of purchasing new ones after several hours of searching for the exact size of the original drill hole spacing. I believe this piece of furniture is VERY OLD because they don't make a lot of drawer pulls that are 4 1/2 inches apart. Ugh...oh well but I still think they turned out okay.

I also had to share some pictures of Allie-Ann this past weekend on a picnic with her Grandmama and Kampa.




Dresser Before....





Dresser After....sans storage baskets for the shelves (total price spent for dresser $55...score!!)




No comments: