September 30, 2012

Mountain Weekend Getaway!

We went for a weekend retreat to the mountains...(big thanks to John and Betsy for allowing us to stay at their mountain house)! It was so much fun, the weather was beautiful and the peacefulness of the mountains was just what this momma needed. The girls were soooo good, I don't know if the tranquil mountains calmed their busy spirits but it was just so enjoyable.  We went to Sky Top Apple Orchard on Saturday, my first time and the first time for the girls. We got there fairly early but apparently not early enough. Boy, was it crowded! But, in Crotwell fashion, we hiked nearly a mile away from the crowds to enjoy our private apple picking. The apples were delicious and Allie-Ann enjoyed herself tremendously picking and eating her apples. Unlike blueberry picking, where you spend an hour trying to fill your basket, apple picking is much easier and takes about 10 minutes...unless, you want some Granny Smith apples that your dear, sweet husband has to climb to the top of the trees to get. The poor Granny Smiths were all picked over but I wasn't about to leave without some baking apples...no, no, no. Since Kyle is part monkey he happily obliged to the task of climbing to the top of the trees. Grammy went with us, and after dropping her basket of apples about a dozen times (10 times by me!!!), I think she got some fairly good 'bruised' apples. We just all had such a great time and I can say that this will now be a Crotwell/Grammy tradition to go apple picking in the fall. 



Allie-Ann had 'Rainbow Randy' for the weekend from her preschool class. She was assigned to take him everywhere she went and write about it. Pretty cool that she had him when we were at the mountains. 



I hope to take pictures in front of this sign for years to come


Grammy and the girls
 Family shot
 So sweet...
 Grammy picking some good ones!


 Yeah, so I wasn't about to dress the girls up too much for this trip...the black pants worked wonderful to camouflage the dirt that she was covered in afterwards. 




 Did I tell you that Kyle's favorite fruit is apples...
 Like Father, like daughter...
 Ditto...


 Allie-Ann so wanted to climb the tree with her daddy
 There he goes...sweet man!
What better to do after picking apples...pig out on some 
bar-b-que


 What better to do after bar-b-que than to pig out on some ice cream at the soda shop in downtown Brevard!



No comments: