October 4, 2012

15 Months Old and What A Morning...

Okay, I will get to Belle's 15 month old pictures and updates but let me just paint you a picture of this morning. So Belle did not have a good day yesterday and any time she misses her afternoon nap, it makes for a complete mad house around here.  I decided yesterday to take Allie-Ann to build-a-bear so that she could finally make her bear that was given to her as a present for her birthday, almost a complete month ago. Well, the only time we could go was after lunch since Allie-Ann is in school in the morning. So I said, "what the heck" maybe Belle can sleep in the car...well that didn't happen so it made for an entire day without a nap. Now, I've never been in battle before but I promise you when Belle doesn't get a nap, I might as well say that I have. It's awful, I'm talking Belle going into spasms and falling all over the floor screaming. It's just plum awful. So last night she didn't want to take her bottle (yes, I still give her a bottle at night) and the only thing I could do was rub her back because she didn't want to be held. Eight hours later, she wakes up in the same mood.  And of course I decided that this would be the morning that I would bake apple strudel muffins. Why do I do this???? Haven't I learned by now that this would explode in my face. Just give them a piece of bread and banana. Well, I tried to give Belle a piece of bagel, it went flying across the room. She didn't want milk so I checked for a fever..no fever, so I did what a majority of you moms would do and gave her some pain reliever anyway. Then to make matters worse with a screaming baby in hand, what should go across the floor but a huge water bug (aka a roach). Now, I love all God's creatures but for some reason I think He missed the mark on this one. I fear roaches, I would rather battle a snake over a roach. So while holding a screaming baby, I immediately start to scream myself. Allie-Ann wakes up and comes down stairs to see what in the world is going on. She sees the roach and screams too and runs around the room. Mind you, I have batter dripping off the counter tops, my apples have turned brown and nothing is in the oven. It was a complete mess. Then Allie-Ann tells me the roach has moved into her playroom. I get my rubber gloves, mask on, and enter the playroom fully aware that I was going to have the last word with this disgusting creature. I grab my two paper cups to capture it in and it scoots around the cups, I scream once again, jumping 2 feet off the ground. I immediately open the front door and somehow thrust the thing out the door. Mission Accomplished! But then I realize that Belle is still crying, Rusty is licking the batter off the floor and Allie-Ann is laying around in a wet pull-up. I go to fix Allie-Ann her sippy of milk and who should finally want some milk...Belle, but of course she wants her sister's cup. Ahhhh....so I give it to her and finally finish my muffins. Belle is happier, and she finally calms down...whew. Like I said, it's just another one of "those" days and I promise you I will have plenty more like this. But we survived and Allie-Ann did go to school, even though I really just wanted her to stay at home so that I could just stay in my pjs. 

At any rate, Belle is 15 months old. She is finally taking a few steps..still not really confident in the walking. But we will take it. As much as I just want to cry some days with her because it seems as if nothing makes her happy, I come back to the times when I snuggle her neck that she just looks at me and gives me a big kiss. She is so lovable, even with her naughtiness. I love her to pieces!! 

The only thing that did go right this morning were these muffins....they were soooo good!!!


Belle at 15 months!


Don't have time to compare Allie-Ann and Belle in photos but I will try soon. 

No comments: