I have dreaded this day ever since finding out that on a child's 4 year checkup they are given the same amount of shots as their age. Our pediatrician (who may not have the best bed-side manners) but who I completely trust and respect as a doctor of children told me at my last visit to make sure to get my husband to take Allie-Ann for her 4 year checkup, he told me it's a real doozy. Since I couldn't get Kyle to take a day off from work...I had to do the deed. I talked to Allie-Ann the day before that we would be visiting her doctor and that she would have to have a checkup, well she immediately started to cry...it was awful. And to make matters worse, I scheduled the visit for 2:30 in the afternoon (don't ask me why...I guess I was thinking Kyle would take her..ha) which is right during Belle's nap who had to come with us. Luckily, I have the best Grammy in the world who graciously went with us to help out with Belle. Well....to make a short story, short because there wasn't any drama from Allie-Ann....it went great! She cried during the 5 shots that she had to have...yes, 5! We went ahead and requested the flu shot, but that was it. She got over it and just smiled while asking for a lolly. I was so proud of her. The nurses and staff couldn't get over how calm she was.....honestly, I couldn't either. Maybe it was all my bribing that worked...(like telling her that we would get an ice cream after, she would get a sticker, we would buy her another craft kit..yes, I said and did all these things)but to make it through an ordeal like that it was well worth it. So, I walked away like I was super mom and that I had a super child...confidence just alluded me...until they told me that she would only have to go through that again (5 shots at one time) when she's 10...you mean she has to do this again???!!!?
Here are some birthday shots that I took yesterday. The big party is this weekend!
Poor thing, she had to wait until after gymnastics to open her presents. She was so excited though.
I just love homemade cakes...Grammy made a Geo cake for Allie-Ann.
A sample of the favor bags we will be giving the little ones





No comments:
Post a Comment