September 10, 2012

Never Again...

Allie-Ann will be celebrating her 4th birthday tomorrow and her preschool allows parents to bring in birthday snacks. So, I recently found this cute, easy recipe for trix krispies that I thought her class might like. I thought, "how hard can this be, buy a bag of marshmallows, trix and wallah...easy snack for Allie-Ann's preschool class." Ha, ha and more ha's. I should have known better when I didn't have a bowl big enough to hold all the marshmallows required for this recipe. When I pulled the bowl out of the microwave it looked as if the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man came for a visit. It was everywhere, on my counter tops, in my hair, (I'm currently picking off melted marshmallow from the hairs on my skin). And duh...to think that a filled bowl of marshmallows cooked on high for two minutes wouldn't produce the same result. Why can't simple things be simple? So after the failure of my highly anticipated cute trix krispies, I carried my droopy soul to Publix to buy two boxes of Little Debbie brownies, and some colored goldfish to use for Allie-Ann's birthday snack. When will I ever learn?

On a positive note, my cupcake toppers are almost complete and I'm pretty proud of them. They're not as cute as the ones you can buy but I think they will do. Here are a few pictures to share. 

This is what my trix krispies should have looked like..

Even Allie-Ann knew it wasn't going to work..


Part of the damage left over..

Allie-Ann still thought it tasted good..

And the fact that I thought 'maybe' if I still put it in the pan it might work....duh, I need a holiday. 

After a trip to Publix...I came up with this. Goldfish, trix mix, and chocolate brownie.


My cupcake toppers...Team Umizoomi!



No comments: