October 21, 2011

Measuring Skills....

I'm sorry if it seems as if I'm blogging about our Allie-Ann so much but honestly with her, each day is a whole new adventure that is hard not to blog about. Sometimes I question my parenting skills and at times maybe I'm trying to teach her too much in her young years. It's starting to backfire on me....as evident in the picture below of Allie-Ann measuring mousie this morning. I just love how she takes what she learns from me and applies it but honestly my house is a complete mess. With paint on the walls, poop found in running shoes, crayons on the walls, glue and playdough stuck in the carpet, the idea of ever selling our house seems out of the question.

Since Allie-Ann went into the hospital, we started to backtrack on our potty training. We had her trained....honestly, she was doing SO WELL, but now somehow has forgotten everything. She has the tee tee down, never any accidents but the poop is driving me crazy. She just won't do it. So I've started this game that each time she poops in her pants, I would eat 2 of her M&Ms and if she keeps doing it in her pants that I will have eventually eaten ALL of her M&Ms. But if she poops first in her potty she gets to have the 2. She basically gets 1 M&M for tee tee and 2 for poops. Thinking that this was a brilliant idea, this morning she pooped in her pants so I gladly took out 2 of her M&Ms and ate them right in front of her (I know, I'm not nice, but I'm ready for this 3+ year old to be trained). So right after I did that she took off her pants and tee teed in the potty and so I had to give her an M&M to which she says, "We both have M&Ms mommy!!!" AHHHHHHHH %*@^*^@*^@*TE*^*#..... I tell you, I'm going to end up in the looney bin with this one.

Measuring mousie...I think mousie has grown a lot in 10 minutes...


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wendy, I LOVE your posts because you help me feel normal! I didn't have a blog when my boys were Allie Ann's age (Logan MIGHT have been close)...I assure you, all of this is "normal" and you ARE doing great at being a Mommy!!!!! Austin was JUST as stubborn with potty training! Hang in there!

Anne Wimberly said...

Nothing can make you cuss like your own kid when they've outsmarted you! Happens all of the time to me:)