
It all started so well too, Allie-Ann got in her bed, I read to her and then she went to sleep. It was so easy and I thought to myself, "Why hadn't I done this sooner?" But that thought did not last for long when we heard a loud thud coming from upstairs. I have never seen Kyle move so fast up the stairs with a pregnant lady following him. Sure enough, Allie-Ann fell out of her bed....ahhhhh. It was awful, she was so scared and I should have thought about that when I put her in that there could be a chance of her falling out. There was a little space from the toddler rail that we installed that she could possibly roll out. Well she did and after that she didn't want to go back into her bed. I managed to coax her back in because she was so sleepy but decided that I would camp out on the floor to listen out for her. We made a makeshift bumper with all her animals and her chair. Needless to say I did not get a lot of sleep last night from the worry of her falling out again and from the hard floor that I was sleeping on. Drats.....I hope tonight goes a little better.
In other news, I thought I would share some tidbits on Allie-Ann and what she is capable of doing at 2 1/2 years of age. I haven't posted anything of her developments in a while so I thought I would share her latest tricks.
*She can ride a tricycle
*She can hop, skip (using only 1 leg not switching) and balance on one leg...not for long.
*She can successfully count to 20
*She can hold up 2 fingers to show her age
*She likes to blow a whistle
*She climbs into her own car seat
*She knows some of the sounds of her letters, A, M, L, S, T, B, C, U, D, H
*She is working on her lower case letters...has trouble with the b, d, p, q
*Can tell you some words and what they start with...m/monkey, mommy, map, mountain, h/hippo,hat,house, b/basket, ball, c/cookie, d/dinosaur, doggy, e/egg, f/fish,
*Is starting to be a more picky eater...not enjoying this one considering she has been a human vacuum with food for a long time.
*Using the word /maybe/ a lot..."Maybe we can go to the park mommy?" "Maybe we can color"
*Is saying her prayers at dinner..she says, "Thank you for our food...Amen!!" She just came out of the blue and said, "Mommy I want to say the blessing." It was the sweetest thing.
*IS NOT POTTY TRAINED!!
*Likes to draw, she draws balloons, ladders, circles, dots, and smiley faces.
*Loves the color red
*Is wearing a 7 1/2 size shoe
*Still only weighs 29 pounds...35% in weight, but is tall, 90%
*Loves, loves, loves books...her favorite...Laura Numeroff books, Olivia, My Lucky Day, any non-fiction book on animals, alphabet books
*Likes Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and The Backyardigans. We don't have cable so she doesn't watch a lot of TV but when I check these out at the library she really loves them.
*Is rambunctious as ever and is very mischievous.
*Likes to make things with mommy's help of course. Pasta necklaces, putting beads on yarn, making animals out of playdough.
*Is an avid walker....I still can't get her in a stroller.
*Is not taking naps....I thought these lasted till they were 4.
*Loves to sing and make up her own songs
Allie-Ann's balloon picture..the circles with the line is supposed to be her balloons as she told me.
No comments:
Post a Comment