I haven't been to the Circus in a long time, I guess I was a little tike the last time I went. I'm not a big fan of the Circus because I don't think animals should be locked up in cages to perform in shows...and it breaks my heart seeing them in costumes when they should be in the wild, but that's just my personal opinion. I just think the biggest land animal shouldn't be in a small arena made to perform for an audience (although the kiddies love it, including my daughter) but every child deserves to see the Circus at some point in their lives right? It was a cold, rainy day to go but I took Allie-Ann anyway because I figured it would be more fun to see the Circus than stuck inside all day, so we braved the weather and went for it. Luckily we found a very good parking space and didn't have to walk far and we had REALLY good seats, a few rows from the bottom which was fun. Allie-Ann enjoyed herself for the first hour but then decided it was WAY more fun to jump over the seats and put her feet through the spaces of the chairs. Needless to say, we didn't stay for the grande finale, we made it out just in time to see the fireworks and confetti though. It was fun but I still feel for the animals, maybe someone can prove me wrong in telling me it's completely healthy for these creatures to perform like this.


Ready for the "Greatest Show on Earth" to begin...



She kept calling these guys, lions. She would say, "Look at the lions mommy!!"








I can just see this little guy's eyes and I suppose he might be saying, "I have to do this again." Okay, I'm being bad.
2 comments:
If it helps, I know at least at Sea World the "tricks" the animals do are things they would normally do in the wild. I'm not sure though, that elephants stand on stools in the wild. :)
Hey Kate!!! So good to hear from you, how are you? You are too funny, I don't think I've seen elephants standing on each others backs either come to think of it. :-)
Post a Comment