February 27, 2011

Big Girl Bed!!

We have reached another milestone in Allie-Ann's growth and development....we have decided it was time for the BIG GIRL BED! I know I'm going to regret this decision tonight when I realize how much mischief she is going to get into and the little sleep I will have worrying about her. But, we felt that at almost 2 1/2 years of age it was time to say goodbye to the crib. I think it's going to be harder on Allie-Ann than for me because she absolutely LOVES her crib. She has never tried to get out, and she always wants to be put in her "nite nite bed" so she calls it and each time I ask her if she wants a "BIG girl bed" she replies, no I want my nite nite bed. Sooooooooo, after a trip to the store to pick out sheets I think I have won her over on the big girl bed. As much as I'm going to miss seeing Allie-Ann in her crib, I must say that the new bed looks adorable in her room.

Daddy taking the crib apart....to only be put back up in the new nursery for baby girl #2.
No more crib...Allie-Ann loved running around in her empty room.
Twin bed...aka...Big Girl Bed moved in.
Allie-Ann trying out her new bed...
Of course the first thing she wanted to do was try out her jumping skills...
yep....this bed will do just fine for jumping around...
Her new big girl sheets and bedding....thanks Target!!
I'm in the process of finding a throw rug to go on the floor.

I think this will be as cute as it will ever be....I'm sure after one night in this bed these poor sheets will be thrown everywhere. I'm not looking forward to making the bed up.

No comments: