February 13, 2011

Beautiful, Valentine's Day Celebration at the Park

We all headed to the park today for a picnic, and a ride on the trails. Since Valentine's Day is tomorrow which is a workday for Daddy, and a busy event (OB appointment) for us, we thought we would celebrate early with a fun-filled day outdoors. It was beautiful today and it was so nice to be able to get some fresh air for an extended period of time without it raining or snowing on us. We took Allie-Ann's tricycle out and she had a BALL!! I couldn't help but get teary-eyed seeing her pedaling along like a big girl. Kyle says that I'm too emotional but us mommies know how special it is to see our baby learning new tricks, especially one that involves wearing a helmet. I couldn't get over how she could push the pedals and steer with the handle bars. Bless her heart, her feet barely touch the pedals but she is very determined. In addition to our riding around the park, we also had a nice lunch with a box of Valentine chocolate candy for dessert. And if that wasn't enough to sooth Kyle's two favorite ladies he also took us to get some ice cream on the ride back home. NICE!!! I have a wonderful little family and I wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day!!

Allie-Ann learning a few interesting facts about the wetland animals. The volunteer was amazed at what Allie-Ann could tell her, I was a little surprised too at how she knew the feathers of an owl.....hummm...she also could make out some of the fossils.
Look at me riding my tricycle!!



Enjoying a mouth full of chocolate!!

A box of Valentine's candy....I longed for the day that I could buy one of these cheap chocolate Valentine heart boxes for one of my children.

Daddy cutting up my loaded turkey sandwich.....yummy!! Yes, my daughter will eat anything on a sandwich, pickles, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, olives, you name it she will eat it.
I had to add this picture......let me explain, most days when I ask Allie-Ann if she has a "package" in her pants she usually responds with, "NO mommy!!" To which I know and smell that she does, so lately I've been asking her to raise her hand if she has a package, and it works every time. So here is proof of mommy getting the truth out of her.
My Valentine!!! I love this little toddler to pieces! My world would not be the same without her in it, everyday when I see her smile or laugh its like what Heaven would be like to me...pure joy!
My first and only Valentine! My best friend for 13 years, never dated, we were just friends all through College...went to movies as friends, trips, outings and never held hands. It was only after seven years of friendship (Kyle living out in Utah) did we decide it was time for us to just be together. He proposed and we were married 6 months later. I'm a very blessed wife to have him in my life!

No comments: