July 13, 2012

Blueberry Picking

Well, we went on our annual blueberry picking yesterday and found that the hail damage caused the farm to close. But, they still allowed you to pick on your own by an honor system, so we went for it. We found some really bitter blueberries but we also found some really yummy ones. It was worth the risk because who can really deny blueberries when they make such a scrumptious pie and cobbler. This time Belle went because last year this time she was only a couple days old. Just like Allie-Ann, she spent most of her time eating the blueberries. So Kyle and I worked like mad to try to get as much blueberries as we could with a 3 year old running around and a 1 year old strapped to my back. There wasn't a lot of people out there so the field was basically ours and the weather was just perfect, overcast  and mid 80s. It was a lot of fun and we are now filled with tons of blueberries in our house....can I say blueberry muffins for breakfast! 





Love this girl!!!
 And this one too!!!!






1 comment:

ktbug said...

I wish I could go, that was listed as a no-no for me, and I really miss all of the fresh blueberries!!!!