July 7, 2012

Back Home....

It was a long night but we are finally home for good! As much as I've enjoyed the month of June, it's nice to be back home and know that you don't have to pack, you don't have to plan, and you can simply be lazy for the rest of the summer. Both girls had a wonderful time on their vacation to Colorado and the beach. Two different worlds and I must say that I favor the beach with little ones. It is so much easier. 


On a different note, I know now that I HAVE to get Allie-Ann into swimming lessons. I meant to get her in before we left for Colorado but it just didn't pan out. She so desperately needs to know how to swim. My poor legs, and feet are blistered from carrying her around in the pool. She also is more timid of the pool, which she hasn't been in the past....uh oh. I literally could carry her around the pool and not hold on to her at all because she had her hands so tightly wrapped around my neck. Yeah, I looked like one of those moms....you know the ones that have no clue how to raise children. Lately, I've looked more and more like a clueless mommy. Sometimes I just feel like a failure. This parenting stuff is tough and I don't think there are any answers found in a book on how to do this stuff. Allie-Ann has done so well but I tell you these last three weeks have been tough, from throwing fits in the park because she didn't win at BINGO....(yeah, that's what I said too), from tee teeing all over the chick-fil-a playground (a complete horror story that I have absolutely no time or energy to blog about) and from constantly wanting to be held, and not sleeping!!!!! I tell you, I think we are done with having children....ha! I hope being back home will make things better for us all as we return to our normal routines.....we will see. But, as much as we (mommas and daddies) have to go through raising our children to be sweet and respectful beings, I will say there are many times that I look at Allie-Ann and Belle and say to myself...they can't possibly be mine. I'm so proud of how smart each of them are and I will say that I've never seen a single time where either of them have been mean to others and that's the most important thing when all the dust clears. 

Belle having a drink and resting from her last day on the beach!



No comments: