
We are expecting our second child early July and Allie-Ann will get to be a "Big Sis" to him/her. We are truly excited and blessed with this gift and I'm so happy to finally share the news!! It's been a rough couple of weeks, the morning sickness is ALL day sickness with this one. And it's a whole new ball game to watch over a toddler while being sick as opposed to coming home from work to rest. Rest just doesn't come these days but I know I will start feeling better soon, now on to REALLY, SERIOUSLY trying to potty train Allie-Ann!!!! She just doesn't get the potty and I've tried just about everything, like....
*Showing her the "big girl panties" with Dora on them
*Asking her, "Don't you want to be a big girl, like Mommy", to only get the answer, "No, I like being a baby."
*Treats, treats, treats....nope, nope, nope
*Taking her every hour to the potty, but to no avail.
*Having her run around with no diaper on, but who are we kidding on this trick, it's plan awful.
I know that she will do it when she's ready, I just need to have her ready before baby #2 so that I'm not changing two diapers every other hour.
3 comments:
Congrats! I knew the announcement was coming soon, so I've been checking periodically. I know all about the sickness thing and am hoping it's better my second time around. I honestly don't know how I would manage with Hannah and everything I went through! Good luck. I'm not far away, let me know if you need anything.
Also, Hannah's babysitter started Naked & $75 with her other 3 kids. They were already into it 2 weeks when Hannah started there. She's on her third week and has been dry for multiple days in a row (even during nap time). I'd recommend the book, if you haven't read it already! Don't worry, she'll get it!
Thanks Katie, you have been such an encouragement, I miss seeing you guys. We should get together some time with our girls. Thanks for the tip about potty training, but what was the name of the book your babysitter used? I'm all about finding ways to learn how to do this potty training thing, it's been a whirlwind, no success. The first time I put Allie-Ann on the potty she did it and I was so thrilled only to find out that she would never do it again for months. It's been hard, but I know my daughter well in the fact that when she's ready she will just go in there and do it. She is fully aware of how it works, she's just not digging it right now. But, I'm going to keep trying though. Just maybe until I start feeling better, it's tough training and feeling like you are going to have to fight her for the toilet to throw up in. LOL. :-)
The book is "Naked and $75" and it's by Dr. Rosemond
Post a Comment