January 22, 2013

Long Day....

What a day....let's back up to last night. So last night as we were eating dinner, I noticed that Belle's eyes looked watery and red and when I looked closer, I realized that she had pink eye...again! Knowing that with pink eye you have to treat for 24 hours before sending back to school, I looked at Kyle and said, "Looks like you are going to be Mr. Mom tomorrow."After four years of caring for sick babies, I had to finally relinquish my duty to my hubby since I can't just take off right now. It was so hard leaving this morning but considering how giddy Kyle was to be home from work, I didn't worry so much. On Tuesdays Allie-Ann has gymnastics. In the past, getting her there was no problem but with my new job being downtown it makes it quite a challenge. I had a meeting at the district office today and was late picking her up. When I go to pick her up, I find Allie-Ann a complete mess....paint all over her and a new 'boo boo' after falling at recess. I didn't have time to talk to find out what happened because we were already late, so we literally ran out of her school just in time to run back in to get her juice (car ride home would not have be pretty without it) and then flew out again. I managed to get home with 5 minutes to spare before I had to take her to gymnastics. I change her, use a wippy to wipe her face (big mistake....alcohol got in her cut...screams follow). I manage to get her in the car, look at Belle for a minute and off we go to gymnastics. Since I'm starting a new job they require that I have a tuberculous test, so after gymnastics I go home to drop Allie-Ann so I can go back to CVS to have my arm looked at. I drive out of the driveway to find Allie-Ann in tears because I had to leave her. I call home on my way to CVS to tell her that I will be back soon that she didn't need to cry (to which I continue to hear her screaming in the background). I get to CVS and there is this lovely sign that says they're no longer seeing patients that we would have to come back tomorrow. I found the nurse and begged asked nicely if she could just look at my arm and sign off on my slip. The nice nurse said that she would but that I would have to wait. So I waited an hour and half to be seen. It's after 7 before I leave CVS which, mind you, my visit only took 2 minutes. I drive home to find that my lovely husband still had the girls up and he had the nerve to say, "I thought you wanted to put them to bed"........ahhhhhhhh, what!!!!! So I go and put them both to bed which I really didn't mind because I wanted to see them but didn't finally sit down to actually eat till after 8. This is the life of a working mom, and unfortunately I think this is a usual day for many. I'm looking forward to tomorrow in hopes that it won't be as rushed and long as today. Here's some pictures of the girls I took at the park this past weekend. 







No comments: