November 21, 2012

Thankful...

There are many, many blessings that I have to be thankful for. To have a home, to have a family, to have my health, just to name a few. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, it's my favorite because there are no gift-giving pressures, no stress and it's just time to spend with family and friends over a good meal. It's what love is all about, spending time together, and enjoying one another's company. With the hustle and bustle that life can bring we sometimes forget about the many things we all should be thankful for. When I lie in bed the first thing I say in my prayers is, "Thank you for" I do this every night and really it's what keeps me humble. There are so many people in this world who are suffering and at times I find myself saying, "That's just not fair", "How can we live here, when there are such horrific things going on over there", I struggle with this all the time, or "How can this child be dying of cancer", but I keep coming back to the simple fact that time is not forever and the time we do have, we must make the most of it in a meaningful way. Spending time with my little family is what I cherish the most and at times I find myself taking just a couple of minutes to stop, look, and observe so that I can always remember and be thankful for all that I have in this moment of time. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!






No comments: