August 20, 2012

Pinocchio

I took the girls (along with Grammy) to the Marionette theatre this morning for a performance of Pinocchio. This was Belle's first time at the theatre, Allie-Ann's third. But who should be afraid of the twisted looking marionettes...Allie-Ann! She screamed at the top of her lungs when they came out on the stage. I don't know what it was...(actually, I do, those puppets really are scary looking, I don't know why they don't make them more child-friendly). But half of the kids in the audience were either screaming or crying...maybe I need to rethink the Marionette until both girls are older. But Belle just clapped along, while eating puffs. Funny girl. After the performance I was sure Allie-Ann just wanted to get out of dodge from her screaming at the beginning of the show, "GET ME OUT OF HERE!!" But, she proceeded to cry because she wanted to go backstage to see the hideous puppets...I really should be more kind about my descriptions. So I took her backstage and she nervously touched each of the puppets and practically ran to go play with the Marionettes....go figure. It is a really neat place to go....just be prepared of the possibility of your little one getting scared out of their wits.

I don't foresee any dental work for this little one...ha!

 I should have known it was going to be a disaster when Allie-Ann was scared of the ostrich-looking puppet behind her. 

 She was going to be a big girl and sit by herself in the front row...that didn't last long. 
 See what I mean...
 These were actually the less creepier ones 

She doesn't look to engaged..I think she was still scared at this point. 
 But ol' Belle sure did dig them!

"I LOVED THE SHOW!"...the only child with a smile at the end..ha! 

No comments: