Belle might need a break too...ha!
August 16, 2012
I agreed to this...
When I had Allie-Ann my whole world changed, I pretty much quit my job because my desire and heart was pulling me too hard to stay at home to raise her. My career has been put on hold and pretty much my adult life and now that I'm going on my 4th year of being at home I suddenly find myself...at times...like Mr. Mom. For example, I went running the other day and during my run I was singing in my head the "Umizoomi" theme song. I find that much of my reading these days come from Pinkalicious, Magic Tree House, Olivia, and many other children's literature. And since Allie-Ann does not go to bed till way past 9:00 (she's in bed by 8:00 mind you) I find that I don't really even have much time for myself. It's tough and I'm not trying to complain because I'm blessed beyond measures but at times many times I just feel like I want a huge time-out. I'm not talking about 24 hours, I'm talking about a week, a month...seriously...can moms do this or think of this? I have so many projects that I think up but honestly don't have the time or mind power to do them late at night. I'm mush by the end of the day. I believe that being a stay-at-home mom is terribly misunderstood, just like other professions that require self-sacrifice. Many times I just want to pull my hair out and I'm only a mom to 2. Bless those with more, but honestly I feel that when you get to 2 you can easily go to 4....not that I will ever, ever do that. I don't know exactly where this post is going, and really I'm writing this for my own sanity but I just felt that maybe someone reading this would understand....and possibly be a babysitter for my 2 girls when I go on my month vacation to a deserted island...
Belle might need a break too...ha!
Belle might need a break too...ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment