We've been spending a lot of time indoors these last few days due to the rain so what better way to pass the time than to play with some clay. Crayola makes fantastic modeling clay...seriously, this stuff is awesome. The colors are bright unlike play-doh and it can air dry. So we made some animals the other day and Allie-Ann has gotten better with her fine motor skills. She basically watched me make the animal and then she made her own. We made little chickens, the Hungry Caterpillar and some crabs. Can you guess which one is hers and which one is mine...ha. On a side note, if you are interested in this stuff I got it from AC Moore who has periodically marked Crayola down 50%, so I picked up a bunch. It ended up being about $3 for a pack of 3. Fun stuff for little ones.
I can't do hair....I really can't. I've never been able to do my own hair and now that I have girls I know I will surely do them some injustice when it comes to fixing hair. Allie-Ann's hair is so fine that it's hard to get her hair to stay put when I braid it or pull it back. It's the most frustrating thing at times and there have been many days when I just wanted to take her to my hair dresser and have her cut it all off...pixie cut, people. It's just tough for one to do this with a 3 year old and really it only looks good for about 10 minutes and then it's all over her face again. Ahhhh...but I'm going to let Allie-Ann's hair continue to grow out so I can just pull it back in a ponytail or pigtails and be done.


2 comments:
Here's a tip from a momma battling fine hair. When I put Ruth Ann's hair in any pony tail I use the small/ thin disposal rubber bands 1st. If it's just a small side pony tail on top, that's all I use. If it's a pony tail I top it with those rubber coat hair bands. If I use just one of either hair band her hair falls down quickly. At the end of the day it's all still a hot mess regardless and just when Ruth Ann's hair is finally long enough around her face to get in a small side pony tail more hair starts to grow in. I've considered bangs many times but I spent my whole life growing out bangs so I'm fighting that urge too. Fixing Ruth Ann's hair is sometimes the worst part of our morning!
Hey Tara!! Yes, I use the disposal hair bands too but they are so darn hard to get out at times. Allie-Ann's hair is almost long enough to pull completely back...I'm just waiting so patiently to just pull it all back. Ha. Hope you are doing well! I saw your blog this morning and had to laugh at the GAP picture. I remember too about GAP and Old Navy being the place to only buy jeans but they really have changed. The model in the picture is so skinny, I'm sure if I put those on I would look like Jed Clampett. Ha
Post a Comment