June 26, 2011
Sick and 38 weeks pregnant...
Just put me out of my misery or at least little one don't make your appearance until I get this sickness over with. I can't fathom the thought of going into labor right now and feeling like this......they would have to knock me out with something. I've got this hideous cold, headache, fever thing going on and it has totally thrown me for a loop these last two days. I haven't been sleeping well to begin with (you know those last couple of days you can't sleep or get comfortable) and add this on top of it means a lot of watching Pride and Prejudice, Dear John, What About Bob at 3:00 in the morning....anything to take my mind off feeling like this. On top of being sick, I've been having little contractions that have been fairly intense in pressure. Allie-Ann still considers me her jungle gym which has also posed a challenge, but thank God for allowing Kyle to be home to help out. It couldn't have worked out better with him being home for the summer. I welcome all his efforts and even though I would have pitched a fit calmly told him, "Sweetie, Allie-Ann's pants are on backwards", "Allie-Ann should not be hanging from the stairs like that", "You are going to do what???", "Is that pee pee leaking from her diaper...when was the last time you changed her?!?!?!.etc. etc." I'm in no mood right now to even care what goes on in this house. I just want to get better and have some energy left these last couple of days to welcome our little girl. There is still so much to be done... preparing food, finishing packing, getting Allie-Ann situated for the nights away from mommy, buying a present for Allie-Ann from her new sister, last minute cleaning, bottles and new nipples ready, etc. etc. But right now my priority is getting better and I do hope that will happen real soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wendy, I'll say a prayer for you that you get to feeling better! That's NOT a fun way to enjoy your last few days of a family of three!!! Let me know if I can help!
Thank you Stephanie, you are so sweet. I'm feeling a little better today....but not much. It's just the lack of sleep that I believe is adding to the pain. But hopefully I will be back to normal soon.
Post a Comment