I made Allie-Ann's Halloween costume on a budget!! She is going to be a "Witcherina" this year, so I made her tutu and added decorations to her witches hat and.....walla, I'm done!! So here's the deal, I went to Target and bought a cheap, $1 witch hat for kids, I then went to Michaels and bought some Halloween ribbon that was half off. I had to wait to get this deal. One of my favorite fabric stores had tulle that was also half off and luckily they had black and orange!! I bought white elastic for her tutu. The tutu was real easy, I just measured her waist using the elastic, cut about an inch off the elastic from her waist measurement and used my sewing machine to sew the ends. Then you cut off about a 10 inches of tulle from each of the black and orange (approx. 25 pieces from each) and tie it around the elastic. Add a bow if you like and you are done! Real easy, and about five minutes to make. For the hat, I just added ribbon to give it some extra bling. She is going to wear her black tights, shoes and leotard and add the tutu and witches hat and you have your very own, "Witcherina!"




No comments:
Post a Comment