September 21, 2009

1 year checkup

Allie-Ann had her 1 year old check-up with the doctor last week. Everything checked out great health wise, but she is wising up to this whole shot thing. She starts to cry before we even get into the examining room now. In fact she screamed when they tried to weigh her, measure her head and measure her length. Oh, boy....Then when the doctor came in, that was it, she just let him have it. What's a mother to do. She had to have five shots, which was tough. Surprisingly, she doesn't cry when the nurse comes in to give them. Then she had to have her foot pricked for lead levels. It was not a fun afternoon. She was all smiles when we got back to the car and I gave her Barney. Her height, weight and everything else was right on track. No more formula...yahooo. She is doing great with whole milk but I still have to give her a bottle before bed, I just love that time together right before I put her down for bed. Here are some pictures at the doctor before the crying and some other pictures I've taken recently.


Enjoying a snack
Waiting for the doctor, before the crying
In the waiting room..she doesn't even know what is about to happen


No comments: