February 12, 2012

Birthday Party Weekend

It's been a busy-filled weekend with going-going-going. I think I've hit the busy mom syndrome. Allie-Ann was invited to her second "friend" birthday party. This party was at the State Museum and it was great because they took the little ones around the museum on a scavenger hunt, plus we got a free admission for the day to explore on our own. Allie-Ann had a blast but I had to watch her like an eagle the whole time because she kept walking away from the group to go on her own scavenger hunt. Am I the only parent out there that has a wandering kid?(I didn't think so either). I looked around and all the other kids were with their mommy and then there's Allie-Ann trying to climb into an exhibit. Yes, I have that child. Ha. But she just has such an imagination and spends most of her time in her own little world. The funny part about this is when Kyle asked her why she wandered off from the group, she said, "I was trying to get back to the birthday cake!" I laughed so hard...that's my Allie-Ann.


Allie-Ann with Kendall..the birthday girl!


Decorating her Safari Hat


This is Allie-Ann right before she tried to climb into the exhibit...I'm sure she just wanted to pet the "elephant" as she called the Mastodon.

Can you spot Allie-Ann??????? This was supposed to be a group shot.

This is a little better.

No comments: