November 6, 2011

What Am I Thankful For Today...

There are many things I'm thankful for.....my health, my families health, my beautiful children, my ability to see the leaves change but for today and today only I'm thankful for........A POTTY TRAINED ALLIE-ANN!!!! Yes, yes, yes....she went the entire weekend free from accidents, we took her places with just her undies on and she did great! Honestly, I've never been more proud of this moment. And I truly believe it was just her time to say....okay, I've had enough of torturing my mommy, it's time to do what I've known how to do since the first time I sat on the potty at 18 months old and did the deed. Wow...what a journey we have been through and I, quite frankly, could write a book on this...truly!! I'm also thankful for Halloween and all the candy I have been able to use as rewards...for Allie-Ann and for me of course.

Did I mention that Allie-Ann has booked two weddings already as the flower girl. We went for a fitting the other weekend and she was in heaven. It's hard to know how Allie-Ann is going to respond to things because she really is a lizard chasing, dinosaur lovin' kind of girl, so taking her to try on dresses, I thought, might have been a disaster but she just LOVED it and wanted to touch each and every one of the dresses.  It was precious and she even did a twirl. Can I just say it already made me teary-eyed just seeing her try them on...oh boy and I have two girls. Casey...you did such a good job picking out the dresses, your wedding is going to be beautiful and we can't wait!


In addition to the one twirl that she did, Allie-Ann spent most of the time doing squats...not sure what she was thinking but the dress accommodated her.


No comments: