September 30, 2011

Oh My...

So I took Allie-Ann to her 3 year check up this morning and I should I known that things were going to go downhill considering I was early to the appointment. All morning the stars seemed to align because everything went so smoothly. Both girls were calm, we didn't have any meltdowns and like I said I was EARLY to her appointment...which never happens. I kept thinking in the car to the appointment that I have this parenting down...bring on some more babies. This quickly changed and 2+ hours later all I was thinking is...why am I a parent!!!!Ha. Let's just say Allie-Ann did not handle her appointment so well. She screamed when they checked her pulse, she screamed when they checked her ears, she screamed when they checked her blood pressure and I tried to reassure her that none of these things hurt, I even bribed her with a milkshake if she didn't scream but to no hope, she was way over the edge of uncomfortable. It was just so miserable for both of us. Then the shot came....I don't even want to begin to tell you how that went. Finally the doctor told me to have Allie-Ann go pee pee in a cup......WHAT!!!???!!! How am I supposed to get a delusional 3 year old to pee pee in a cup when she REALLY is just now starting to use the potty to which my doctor tells me that she must be very strong-willed...you think??? We managed to leave all in one piece with Allie-Ann decked out with stickers and lollipops. The drive back home didn't make matters better with Belle walling in the back, oh my. So overall I have a pretty healthy 3 year old and a more content 3 month old at home now.

How could this sweet girl cause an entire Pediatric office to go into shutdown mode????

She must be strong-willed like her mommy!

No comments: