Since becoming a stay-at-home mom some of my favorite things.....like shopping...has taken a drastic hit. I just can't do the shopping I used to when I was working. But considering I get to stay at home to raise my two girls, I'm not complaining, instead I have become quite the bargain shopper. It's almost criminal some of the ways I save money. So to buy clothes (which I'm only buying for Allie-Ann...hand-me-downs for Belle) I hit all the consignment sales. So here's my secret...I go to the sales when they first open, I scout all of the goods, I don't buy until it's half-off day but if it's something good I will buy on the first day. I really didn't think I would be so savvy when it came to buying used clothing but you can find some pretty cute things....name brand stuff mind you...you just have to be patient and a good weeder. I look first for clothing that already has tags on it...never worn...plus. Then I look for my brands..Hanna Andersson dresses and pants is what I like for Allie-Ann. If I like what I see at the sale I will come back on half-off day and buy, buy, buy. The thing about children's clothing is that I AM NOT in favor of paying over $85 dollars for a dress that Allie-Ann will wear only once. And considering Allie-Ann is a rough-playing gal, it doesn't make sense to buy expensive clothes. I think if I were working I would still be doing the same thing. The only thing that I won't budge on is a good pair of shoes. We buy Allie-Ann's shoes new, unless it's something that I find worthy at a consignment sale...like the pair of Tevas I found at a Charleston sale that Allie-Ann continues to wear today. But I usually don't like to buy used shoes....clothes,okay...shoes, no.
The best part is the compliments I get when I take Allie-Ann out. They just don't know my secret and probably wouldn't believe me if I told them, plus a pretty bow and nice shoes makes any outfit shine...it's all about the accessories. So here's some of the things I found at a recent consignment sale.
This was so cute...basic long sleeve shirt for Christmas...$7.00 but I got it for $3.50
These were cute pants that I knew were going to be too long for Allie-Ann...good thing I know how to sew.
Lands End raincoat...$5.00
Gymboree sweater...$9.00, got it for $4.50
I just love, love, love cardigans. I usually go to target to buy my long sleeved shirts, & turtle necks to put under. Old Navy...$3.00
This would be cute with monogramming. Gymboree...$3.00
Sweet Pea and Me...$7.00
Hartstrings...$3.00
Reversible dress..$7.00
Gymboree dress..$5.00
Hanna Andersson pants...$3.50 for ALL of them!
Cute skirt that would look great with tights.
Ditto on the shorts













1 comment:
Great finds! Hannah Andersson is such great quality- love it for my girls as well!
Post a Comment