April 10, 2011

Our 5th Wedding Anniversary Weekend!

Kyle and I celebrated our 5th year Anniversary this weekend! It's hard to believe we've been married for five years now but at the same time it feels like yesterday when I was walking down the aisle to marry him. To celebrate our anniversary we sent Allie-Ann packing to spend the weekend with her Kampa and Grammyma. Just having a weekend to ourselves was enough of a celebration and we took full advantage. We ate out at every meal, I didn't clean a dish the whole weekend, we got caught up on our movie watching, a little shopping and some much needed pampering. They say it's good to go on a Babymoon and even though we didn't go anywhere special it was so nice to have time to just relax and spend quality time with each other.

Kyle was incredibly sweet this weekend by giving me a special day at the maternity spa downtown. I got a facial and some sugaring done, it was heaven. I just wish it lasted longer of course. This place even gives belly facials to which I thought was so cute but didn't have the time to do. We also went out to buy a little hair bow for the hospital pictures and sun hat for our new little one. I'm so used to buying things for Allie-Ann when I go out it was a nice change to look for baby things again. After a little shopping we went out to eat and made one last stop by Cupcakes downtown. Have I told you how much I LOVE cupcakes and this place makes them just right. I had a double chocolate chip cupcake with cheesecake filling and a red velvet cake pop. Yes, I got both and ate them both in one sitting. Nice way to end the weekend and go into my blood sugar test this week. We are on our way to pick up Allie-Ann and as much as I loved this weekend and having some much needed R&R, I dearly missed being a mom and having Allie-Ann in the house squealing, laughing and throwing fits of all things.

Here is a video I made in celebration of our Big 5th!!



No comments: