August 11, 2010

One month away from being 2!!!


Our little girl is going to be 2 in another month!! I can't believe it and what's worse is I haven't even begun to think about party preparations. All I know is that she is going to have a "Giraffe" themed birthday. Allie-Ann is not interested in Barbies, tea sets, or dollies, she just likes animals, animals, animals, especially giraffes. She can already decipher an aardvark from an anteater, go figure...So what better way to celebrate her birthday than with a giraffe theme. The only problem I'm having is thinking about how to make a "Giraffe" cake. I want to make her cake this year, I ordered one last year from an official cake designer but thought, "what the heck, I can do this." So, I'm going to make her cake and I have somewhat of a plan, but it's going to take a lot of practice runs. I've also made her invitations, pictured below. I think it's great that I spent, $.00 on these cards. I just found the clipart and had card stock already, with the ribbons and envelopes. Score! We are also in search for her birthday gift this year which will be her very own TRIKE!!! I'm so excited about giving this gift to my daughter since I remember my own Radio Flyer Trike experiences growing up. We are going old school with our trike, no plastic stuff that they have out now.
At 23 months, Allie-Ann has grown so much. I love the fact that I can now carry somewhat of a conversation with her. She love routines and each morning when I come in she says, "Change diaper mommy, and bow in hair." Too funny! We are working on the potty training, it's hit and miss but she is going to the froggy potty and sitting but with no action but at least she is attempting. We will continue with this for now. Allie-Ann will also start preschool in a couple weeks, which will surely be an exciting and emotional time. But more to come on that event later. Here are some pictures of her at 23 months.


Allie-Ann's invitations!!

No comments: