May 9, 2010

Mother's Day and First Dress

We had a busy Mother's Day weekend with a visit to my brother's house Saturday night. Allie-Ann had so much fun playing with Finley and Scooter. Thanks Betsy and John for the delicious food and conversations!! Today we met my mom for church (which by the way, turned out being me in the nursery watching Allie-Ann because she was so bad in church) and had a Mother's Day lunch celebration afterward. Then my mom and I worked on finishing the last couple of things on my first dress dedicated to my little girl. The button holes were the hardest part but after a few practice tries, I managed to get them sewn in somewhat. I think I did a pretty good job on my first dress. I actually like sewing and it turned out to be not as lengthy a project as I thought. Me + Sewing = months to make 1 dress, but not so. I'm taking orders now (ha). My favorite part was picking out the fabric and coming up with a vision. I LOVED that part! My mom is the BEST though and I love her so much. If it wasn't for my mom, I wouldn't be the mother that I am to my own daughter. Mom, I love you and Happy Mother's Day!

A video of Kyle's Mother's Day gift hunting trip with Allie-Ann is on the way, so stay tuned....

Right before church with Allie-Ann and Mommy all dolled up. Just an hour later Allie-Ann did not look like this, bow was missing and hair was wild as the wind.
She liked Mommy's flower

My Mom and I
MY FIRST DRESS!!!
I just love the ruffle!

I will post a picture with Allie-Ann wearing it soon!

No comments: