We had a packed weekend with a trip to Kiawah to spend time with the Grandparents, and a cookout honoring my niece graduating from high school. The drive to the beach was horrendous. For starters we got stuck in traffic...AGAIN. I just had replays going through my head from the last trip to Charleston in which Allie-Ann threw up several times. But luckily it didn't happen this time around. I think I learned my lesson about overfeeding. Once we got through the traffic, we stopped to have a nice dinner out, which was wonderful until I realized, as I was about to change Allie-Ann, that I had left her diaper caddy at home. I'm always prepared...why this time...WHY!!!!!!! It was a whirlwind of a day prior to going down to the beach. I wanted Allie-Ann to be so pooped that when we got in the car at 5:00, she would do nothing but sleep. She did sleep, but in my grand scheme of a plan, I forgot to pack one of the most essential item...her diapers. So we had to stop and buy a whole new pack of pampers. And those of you who know me, we don't buy a lot of pampers b/c we use cloth, so this really got me going. Then I had to buy another pack of swimmy diapers and hair supplies. I found a $2.00 coupon in the store for the swimmy diapers, plus I had my coupon book with me, score! We managed to get at Kiawah at 8:45pm, just in time to see the band play at Fresh Fields. It was great, Allie-Ann was still going strong and by the time we got her to the beach house she was ready for bed. We had a great time at the beach with Kampa and Grandmama. Allie-Ann got to taste her first sweet corn right on the cob. I usually cut the kernels off, but we just let her go to town on it and she just loved it.
We took her out to the beach and the pool and she is fearless of the water. She runs right into it and giggles each time a wave hits her. I love the fact that she's not timid when it comes to nature. It makes life a whole lot easier, but it makes it more scary for me considering that she isn't afraid. She played in the sand and Kampa even pulled her on a boogie board. Not bad for a 20 month old. We left the beach today and went straight to my niece's graduation party. I can't believe she is graduating from high school. I can remember when she was Allie-Ann's age and how adorable and sweet she was then and is still now. We are so proud of her. After the party we went home to play some more and are finally in bed for the night. What a weekend! I can't compete with these weekends when I'm home alone with her during the week. Thank goodness Kyle will be home soon to continue with the busyness.
At Fresh Field's concert about 9:00pm...

Loving the water..I love when she says "watr...watr"






Who knew corn could even taste better on the cob!!!


Mommy, don't you think we've had enough fun for one weekend?
No comments:
Post a Comment