February 11, 2010

17 months old today!



This picture says it all....she is definitely coming into her own. I've noticed a lot of changes this month as far as gaining independence from mommy, she really thinks she can do just about anything, so watching her is a top priority these days. As far as her vocabulary she can say about 23 words successfully, like cheese, please, milk, hat, bath, mom, dad, duck, bye, hi, hello, snack, rock, squirrel, lizard, Elmo, milk, fish, light, eyes, nose, truck, mine (new) and hand. She can tell you what a dog, cat, cow, pig, duck, snake, lion, tiger, dinosaur say, we are still working on horse, sheep, chicken and monkey. She loves coloring and stickers. She understands which side of the crayon you should write with and will turn it around in her hand to color. She is learning a few colors, yellow, red, blue. She knows that the sticky side of the sticker is what goes on the paper. I believe she will be right handed. She can kick, roll and throw a ball and run really fast. She loves to scream. Nap times are iffy but she does have a quiet time at least. When reading, she points out mommy and daddy in picture books. She loves letters and will point at them and babble. Anything white in the kitchen is milk. That's about all I can remember right now, so here are a few pictures that I took of her at 17 months.











At Edventure Night!





No comments: