June 21, 2014

Day 2: Pearl Harbor

I'm not going to make this post as long as my last because I'm completely exhausted but today we went to Pearl Harbor.  It was a stunning memorial and I only wish I had more time to read and study all the artifacts but was limited with the girls pulling at every spot.  

It just was really sad to see the Arizona right below my feet and to realize the many men who lost their lives that day. You never want to forget the sacrifices made by those who protect our country. And although the girls may not have fully understood what they were seeing, I only hope that one day, if they return, they will feel the same way I did today. 


Everyone had a great time and the girls enjoyed the Junior Ranger program that the memorial had to offer. It was really crowded but everything went pretty smoothly. We are off to Kauai in the morning and as much as I hate to leave Turtle Bay, it's onto another island of adventuring. 




 Killing time by flying kites at the visitor center. 

 Allie-Ann working hard on her scavenger hunt at the memorial. 
Allie-Ann received her badge for completing the Junior Ranger Program.
And Belle got one too








No comments: