June 7, 2012

Busy, busy, busy

Sometimes I feel as if I go, go, go so much that I don't really know how to relax when I do have time to relax. I've been trying to get things together for our Colorado trip next week. And honestly, some people may roll their eyes about my planning (especially my husband) but it takes planning...at least to have a peace of mind when finally leaving. For example...this trip consist of a wedding, so I have to pack dressy clothes for the girls. The weather in Boulder is going to be somewhat warm but when we leave to go to Breckenridge it will be 20 degrees colder so I have to prepare for that. I'm trying to condense my list but for some reason it keeps getting longer and longer. I've typed out a clothing list for both girls and on my list I have numbers out beside how many shirts to take, shorts, etc...well, when it says 3 shirts (I'm trying to keep our bags small), I find myself always packing double that. I think to myself..."what if a shirt gets really dirty, I'm going to have to have a backup shirt, in addition to the other 2 shirts." See why my husband rolls his eyes....ha! I can never, ever stick to the list. But, it's my mission to keep things small and down to two bags for check-in, considering that they charge for bags now. I'm not to happy about that, when traveling with four. Then you have to think about the 3 hour flight with little ones...thank you Target for your $1 section....can I hear an Amen. I found some stickers, coloring books, sketch pads to entertain Allie-Ann for 10 minutes. Since Belle is still on the bottle, I have to make sure that she is covered in security to take formula on the plane. It's all these things that you have to think about when preparing for a trip. But we are so super excited about getting out-of-dodge for a while....I do not take anything for granted and feel very, very lucky to be going on a trip like this. And most importantly, very happy that the girls get to experience life outside of South Carolina. I feel that it's so important to travel and expose little ones minds to new cultures and environments. I'm longing for the day that I can take both girls to Europe, South America, Africa and other exotic places around the world. I don't know if that day will ever come but it's fun to have goals and dreams.


 In addition to preparing for our trip, I'm also in charge of the recreation for our Vacation Bible School for our preschoolers. And we have 91 campers and counting. How in the world am I going to do this???? Not to mention that the camp begins the day we return from Colorado. But, I can do this and it is all worth the energy and lack of sleep for our little ones to hear the word. I'm also excited that Allie-Ann will be attending her first VBS. I just hope she can keep her eyes open on our first day. It's going to be tough because we get back late and she will be on Colorado time. We can get through this so I'm leaving you with some pictures I took of the girls on our rainy days this past week.

Belle playing in the laundry basket...the best entertainment for little ones. 

Now playing in the tub...another fun and cheap activity...ha!

Allie-Ann joining in on the fun!



And, as promised, a video of Belle playing the recorder. This isn't the best video because she has gotten really good at it but it shows her little talent. 







No comments: