July 24, 2011

I Love Some Blueberry Cobbler, Robot

It's been a busy weekend filled with visitors and inside creative fun. In a way I think having a baby in the heat of the summer is perfect because there isn't anything to do outside when it's hot and you have to be inside a lot with a newborn anyway so it works out great. Plus by the time it does start to cool off some, little Belle will be ready to venture out and about, not that she hasn't been out already but it's just been so hot.  But it wasn't too hot for daddy and Allie-Ann to go blueberry picking again...ha. They went out early in the morning because we had to have some more blueberries. For their effort, I made a blueberry cobbler that Allie-Ann absolutely devoured. She just loves her desserts as evident in the pictures below.
Little Belle is still doing well, she is such a charmer already. She feeds every 2/3 hours consistently, and really only cries when she is hungry. She does makes these grunting noises though that is driving Kyle nuts but I think is adorable. If we haven't named her already I would have named her "Willa" a girl version of "Wilbur" from Charlotte's Web because of her squeal-like grunts. I hope this is normal?? She is also gaining plenty of weight. She was born 7lb 4oz and is now 8lb 3oz, our pediatrician couldn't believe it. To put in perspective, Allie-Ann weighed 8lb 1oz and by her 2 week check up was 8lb 6oz, well Belle was 8lb 3oz at her 2 week check-up. So we might have a little chunky baby in our future which I think is absolutely adorable. I love seeing baby fat rolls....I just LOVE it! So even with the lack of sleep, we are all doing well and are managing better with each day.

Here is Allie-Ann taking down her mommy's blueberry cobbler. Don't make fun of her State Farm bib, that bib has been the best....I almost want to go back and see if they can give me a supply of bibs.



Our creative inside fun....the things you can make with a brown paper bag. This is Allie-Ann as a robot but the cutest thing is how she would talk like a robot in short choppy sentences. Still wearing diapers of course...ha. 

"H-E-L-L-O...M-O-M-M-Y!!!"

Rusty spending some quality time with Belle...he is so protective of the girls.

No comments: