We gave Belle her first bath tonight. She was a champ through the whole experience, I know I have said this before but she really is such a good baby. She hardly ever cries....okay, so she cries mainly at 3:30 in the morning but that's okay. She is so laid back and calm (I know she didn't get this from me). I always wanted a baby that would have Kyle's disposition and I believe I have her in Belle. Woot woot. Not that Allie-Ann and mommy have bad dispositions but we are both strong-willed and know what we want. Allie-Ann is her mommy through and through. Kyle is so mellow and he calms me and just from what I've seen of Belle, I believe she is the same.
On another note...I'm at my wits end with potty training Allie-Ann. I'm at the point of putting an ad in the paper for someone that I can pay to train her. I wonder why they haven't created a business in this. Just think about it...you hire someone that is really good at this potty training thing to come to your house for the weekend to train your toddler while you take a mini-vaca and then come back and she is fully trained...what a dream!!! I mean I have dreams about this..ha, ha. We have tried just about everything and I'm quickly tiring of having to clean up accidents everyday. Part of me just wants to give up and just have her in diapers and if she doesn't use the potty till high school, so be it. But then just having to change her diaper, along with a newborn is crazy. She is so BIG compared to little Belle and I just keep thinking..I shouldn't be changing her diaper. Allie-Ann understands what she is supposed to do but she just doesn't have control over her bladder yet I suppose. So we are just going to continue to take it one day at a time.
Okay...so I'm having a bad hair day...still haven't really put on any makeup but I'm a mommy and that's that.
All clean and ready for bed!!



2 comments:
Belle is so beautiful! I've been there with the potty training business and my advice would be to slap a diaper on her and try again in about two months. Hughes did the same thing and I was so frustrated and I had just had Banks. I wiped my hands clean of potty training and we revisited 2 months later and voila - Hughes was trained in a weekend.
Just a thought.
I fought with Amelia all through her second year of life with potty training and all I learned was that it wasn't worth it. She WILL do it when she is ready. Just let it go-you are already changing diapers for a newborn anyway :) When she turns three make it a big deal and tell her three year olds don't wear diapers. Talk it up before her birthday. I think I even told Amelia they don't make diapers for three year olds! ;)She'll probably get it then. Even still, it may take a couple of months before you have #1 and #2 down. Totally normal!
Post a Comment