July 15, 2011

Cupcakes....

Allie-Ann and I made cupcakes the other day in honor of Belle's belated birthday. Allie-Ann thought it was a "wonderful idea" to make cupcakes and since it's been so stinkin' hot, what a better way to spend time indoors. Allie-Ann is becoming quite the baker, she handles the beaters like a pro.....only a few splats on the walls. But what I like the best is when we put the cupcakes in the oven and she says, "Turn the light on mommy, turn the light on!!" She sits there and watches the cupcakes bake in the oven. Then her next favorite part is licking the icing off the spoon while I finish covering the cupcakes. So I had to post a picture of her enjoying her cupcake. I still haven't been able to teach her how to eat a cupcake in several bites as opposed to one huge bite. She loves her sugar just as much as mommy. As for Belle, I don't think she is into sugar based on the many diapers we had to change last night from mommy eating a couple cupcakes. I've always heard of projectile vomiting but I've never experienced it on the other end as we did last night. So unfortunately, I may have to cut junk food out of my diet for a while. Oops.

Baby Belle..she is the most alert thing...she searches and looks at things already and is awake most of the day. 
Allie-Ann enjoying her cupcake!!!
Each time I put a blanket on the floor for Belle, Allie-Ann wants one too. It's too sweet...but I think she is wondering when her sister will be able to play with her.
Here is my grandfather holding his 8th great grand baby. He just turned 90 and is smart as a whip. He just showed up at our house to see baby Belle. I hope I can still see and be able to drive and be independent if I make it to 90 years.

No comments: