March 25, 2011

A Dog's Best Friend



A dog's best friend would have to be a toddler....especially at snack and dinnertime. Rusty has become quite infatuated with Allie-Ann lately. He LOVES to be around her and will pretty much let Allie-Ann do anything to him because he knows that she is his ticket to a nice snack and meal. It doesn't hurt their friendship either when Allie-Ann enjoys feeding Rusty her snacks. They have become quite the pair and I know their relationship is only going to strengthen with time. Rusty still sleeps in his bed in our room but I know that soon he will be making his way up to Allie-Ann's room at nighttime and I'm pretty sure Allie-Ann will welcome him. He's such a wonderful, loyal dog. I can honesty say that he is the BEST dog I have ever owned. He's never chewed on the furniture, never made an accident on the floor, is pretty independent but enjoys a kiss every now and then and simply listens to you when you call him. We can let him out and walk him around the house and he will stay right with you...I love that. He also enjoys the perks of going on vacations with us since he isn't much trouble. The best part is that we rescued him from the streets, poor little fella. I can't imagine anyone letting this guy go. I'm in full support of adopting a pet and especially one that needs a good home. If I had the money and space, my house would be filled with shelter dogs, my heart totally goes out to these animals. We are so thankful for Rusty so I thought I would blog about him!


Allie-Ann had her reading time outdoors today...it was a little on the cool side but the sun was shinning and I thought it would be a nice change for us.



No comments: