March 16, 2011

24 weeks preggo picture and update

Tomorrow I will be 24 weeks and I know I've said this before but time is really flying by during this pregnancy. There are days when I completely forget that I have a precious gift in my belly but I'm reminded by her constant moving that keeps me in check,especially late at night...uh oh. I get these glimpses of excitement thinking about having another baby girl and then I get overwhelmed and worried about doing it all over again and managing an active toddler with all that comes to bringing a newborn home. I welcome any advice from other moms of more than one child and how you managed bringing baby home, adjusting your older child with the new change and just what to do when I actually go into labor with another child. I want Allie-Ann to be present in all the excitement but I also know how I got when I went into labor with Allie-Ann and I honestly DO NOT want her to see that side of mommy, there were quite a few words said and poor, poor Kyle. So how do I handle this? These are some of the things I think about but as of right now I'm just enjoying the energy of the second trimester!!

Here I am at 24 weeks. I will say that at my last OB appointment I had only gained 2 pounds...yeah! But I go back tomorrow and I fear that I may have jumped again with BDay celebrations and eating A LOT of cupcakes, I'm a little worried.
The nursery so far...I still need to buy the bedding, lamps, bookcase, wall decor and add some finishing touches to the curtains that I am working on but most of the furniture is in the room.

No comments: