November 30, 2010

Thankful

There are a lot of things that I am thankful for but honestly this Thanksgiving I was thankful for a little girl who loves to play in the leaves and bake. She is just a fun loving toddler that makes my heart melt each and every day. We are back to reality though and are gearing up for Christmas. I can't believe all the organized people out there that have already put their decorations up and the tree. I told Kyle after coming home from his parents house that I felt sure our whole neighborhood would be decorated with Christmas lights and sure enough they were. Personally, I like to wait until December to get our tree. Something doesn't feel right to decorate for Christmas before you celebrate Thanksgiving but maybe that's just me trying to talk myself out for being so behind in the preparations. I actually thought about cutting our tree on Christmas Eve and decorating that night. You know like the Christmas Story, something about that family makes me feel the Christmas magic. Who knows, but I will probably go out sooner than later since Allie-Ann is in LOVE with Christmas trees. She loves all the twinkling lights. I just hope this year our Nativity scene will make it through Christmas without any hot gluing.

Allie-Ann helping mommy with the cupcakes
Watching as mommy cracks the eggs, maybe next year she can be in on all the action...


Busy little chef..





Having fun sliding in the leaves


We will have some exciting news to post here shortly, so stay tuned...

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

She is such a cutie! I SO couldn't wait to get our tree until Christmas Eve! Too much decorating to not enjoy it all month long! I love Christmas decorations! And, Logan loves our tree! He sits and looks at it, and even plays with his ornaments (the ones that make sound and light up). Also...I have a guess about your "news" ....Hmmmmm....wonder if I'm right!?! More little pitter, patters????