June 29, 2010

Just Playing Around!

My husband and I thought of a great idea. What if we toured the US trying to find the best playgrounds?! We've already made our mark in SC, so all we would need to do is venture off to other states hunting down the best playgrounds for kids and write about it. Sounds pretty cool huh? When it's hot outside and you have to entertain a toddler inside, there comes a time to find a break and get out for some exercise. So we have been looking around to find some good playgrounds for Allie-Ann. We usually take her to our church to play but I fear that she is becoming very bored of it and wants more action. So on our hunt for great places to slide, we came across a playground that is right down the road from us that she truly enjoys. They have a seesaw, and ol' timey play equipment that I remembered when I was little. How playgrounds have changed, now everything is so darn safe that we have to literally pull Allie-Ann down the slide, how bad is that? I'm all for safety but how Allie-Ann would love those old metal slides. I took some pictures of our time. We went early in the morning to beat the heat but the only problem we came across was the dew on the slides. Allie-Ann is quite a girly girl and doesn't like a lot of dirt on her nor water unless she is in a swimsuit. So to persuade her, I went down first and as you can see in the picture below was a BIG MISTAKE! Oh well, she did follow after me and at least she now understand that a little dirt and wet doesn't hurt anybody.





See what mother's do for their children...they slide down the wet slide first.

Enjoying the indoors with a cool juice and snack.
No Rusty, you can't have my snack this time.


Trying to get a picture of Allie-Ann in her 4th of July dress, not successful
Somewhat successful!
NO MORE PICTURES PLEASE!

No comments: