So as I was rummaging through the closet upstairs to try to clear out some clutter to put more clutter in, I found my old treasured tub with all the keepsakes from my childhood. In the tub I found my adorable Raggedy Ann doll that I slept with all through elementary school and I even took it to college. My mom had to sew the arms on this doll I don't know how many times and the eyes eventually came off with me carrying her around all the time. Mom found makeshift eyes from buttons. The face is all patched because I believe one of my two dogs growing up used Raggedy as a chew toy. Needless to say, this doll brought back many memories and I started to feel real sentimental in the fact that I would give this doll to Allie-Ann so that she could treasure it as much as I did. So while Allie-Ann was napping, I brought Raggedy down from the closet and put her on the table to surprise Allie-Ann when she woke up from nap. I was so excited to give it to her and see her expression when she saw the doll. But............
It......
Didn't........
Go........
So.........
Well.......

She didn't even want to touch Raggedy. It broke my heart, she was scared of it but I guess I would be too if I were her age and I had a mom that was trying to give me this......

But you see, this doll meant so much to me when I was little. It protected me at night and made me feel so loved each time I saw this heart that read "I Love You"...

I know this doll looks scary but I just know when Allie-Ann gets a little older and finds out that this was her mommy's doll she will treasure it just as much as I did.

In fact, she is already warming up to Raggedy. She already gave her some tea to drink, a kiss on the cheek, a book reading and some time with her toys. It's just a surreal feeling seeing your child play with one of your childhood toys. Wow...

On another note, here are a few pictures I took of Allie-Ann on our marathon day yesterday....no nap, a trip to the zoo, mommy putting her shorts on wrong, and a picture of Allie-Ann eating bunch at 10:00am. Enjoy!
Yes, I did this and the worse part was having your husband tell YOU that you put her pants on wrong.

At the zoo, watching the colorful fish

I think we should have brunch more often mommy

Nothing like a good drink of milk at 10:00 am when first waking up.

No comments:
Post a Comment