Pros
***Saving money, money, money!! I only by one large pack of pampers every month at $8.99 as opposed to a jumbo pack every two weeks at $19.99 a clip. That's $40 a month just to throw away, it's almost as if I'm buying fireworks every two weeks but this type of firework doesn't fly in the sky but in my child's pants (I'm really bad at analogies and jokes, sorry)
***Environmental friendly, there have been some debates on this one because of the washing and drying but we use cold water and low dry to clean them.
***Don't have to buy diaper genie refills
***Have you seen the design on these diapers, they're so cute
***Saving money again and not too bad of a clean up if you have the proper equipment, will show in pictures later
***When and if we have another little one we are set with our diapers, kind of expensive when first starting out
Cons
***They make Allie-Ann's bottom look J.Loish
***It's tough fitting some of her tights around the diapers
***Sometimes they leak but so do the pampers at times
***Having to open the wet bag to clean the diapers.....aweful....I don't wish that on anybody
***Kind of expensive when first starting out but once you have the diapers, you're good, no more money
If I were working it would be very tough to be a cloth diapering mommy, maybe on the weekends. So being at home makes using cloth diapers easier.
So here's our system....
Clean cloth diapers in pretty pink basket ready to be used by one pretty toddler

This is what they look like on the inside, the extra flap helps hold in the pee pee and poo poo. Velcro straps to hold diaper in place on moving, energetic toddler
See, I told you they were cute, and these aren't my favorite colors that Kushies design
Once messy diaper is removed from messy toddler, I take it to the sprayer to clean the inside of diaper, it goes directly into the toilet (if this is too detailed, you can stop reading here :-)
An illustration of the sprayer, Kyle talked me out of showing you the real deal
The wet bag. Once diapers have been sprayed and cleaned then they go into this wet bag that holds the stink until you are ready to open to clean them. Not so nice!

That's it, from the Cloth Diapering Mommy
1 comment:
you crack me up! "I'm not so good at analogies", "Kyle talked me out of showing you...."
Also was cracking up at ol' raggedy. I'd be scared of her too :)
Post a Comment