November 22, 2009

Broken Camera, Church and New Moon Book

So we've had a busy couple of days, for starters it might be awhile till I have posted pictures of Allie-Ann. She managed to get a hold of our camera, I have overestimated her ability to reach. I was brushing my teeth and the next thing I knew she was on the floor playing with our camera. It still works but the flap over the lens is broken. So we will have to get it fixed b/c when you look in the view screen all you see is a broken lens flap. Ahhhhhhh. I knew she didn't like the camera but never knew how much.

Onto another note, Allie-Ann made it through the whole church service today! I was so proud of her, we usually take her to nursery but we had music Sunday and I thought she would enjoy it since she just LOVES music. The whole time in church she was just dancing and clapping her hands, she has some soul now. During the sermon we had snack time and scribbled on paper, it went pretty well.

Finally, with all the commotion with the "Twilight Saga" I finally broke down and bought New Moon to read. I'm almost finished, I just got it yesterday. I've had so many people tell me to read it and I've seen so many people with the books in their hands but I just didn't really have a lot of interest. Well, I'm only a couple of pages through with New Moon and I must say it's a GREAT read, I've been really involved with it and it takes a lot for me to stay interested. I saw Oprah the other day and they had Stephenie Meyer on the show. I found out that she was only 35 when she first wrote Twilight and she was a stay-at-home-mom. I immediately felt that I should support her and read her books. She had never written a book before, not even a short story, I thought that was impressive. So that was the deciding factor, plus I was just wanting to see what the big fuss was about. I now will have to read the last two books and the first. Yes, it's odd that I read the second book before the first but with the movie out now I thought I would read the second one before I go to actually see the movie.

No comments: