I'm Exhausted....
I'm just one of those crazy people when I get something on my mind, I just can't let it go. It drives Kyle crazy and quite frankly, I can't stand that I'm this way. I find these projects and instead of taking my sweet time finishing them, I feel as if I have to have everything done in a couple of hours. We decided to convert our office space (aka: Kyle's "man" cave) into a Grammy suite. I just always felt that we needed a spare room for if someone needed to stay the night...which would be Grammy most of the time. So, I've been working the last 2 weeks trying to do just that. I picked out the paint and I wish I had taken a before picture of the paint and the mess we had in that office. It was awful, but I managed to get everything out and put fresh paint on the wall. You think painting should be a simple task but it completely stinks. I start painting and it feels so therapeutic but then it turns into me just hating it. But, the room does look so much better and I'm so happy to have a spare room.
We also had to buy a new bed and since the room is smaller than the girls we decided to switch Allie-Ann's twin bed out and we bought her a new full bed. I got a really good deal on the bed because that's just what I'm good at. I also found a little dresser at an antique store for a really good deal and put fresh paint and painted the dresser knobs to match the wall color. I think it all turned out quite nicely. I still have a little more to do but happy to finally have another spare bedroom, especially for Grammy visits.
The color in the office was a burgundy color before and I changed it to a cheerful creamy yellow.
The dresser that I found at an antique store...so much possibility.
The room with the bed and dresser after all the painting completed.
Allie-Ann's new bed and she just loves it! She said that she had more room to put the rest of her stuffed animals.
We took the girls the other weekend to see the USC women's soccer team play. The girls had so much fun....I don't think they watched much of the game.
They had a Cocky jump castle...the kids had a ball!
No comments:
Post a Comment