October 12, 2013

Granddad's Apples 2013

We went for a day trip to Granddad's Apples to get some fresh mountain apples. I just love this time of year. The crisp air, all the pumpkins and fall colors. It's the BEST! So, taking the girls for a two hour drive to get apples seems a little over-the-top but it was so much fun! We just loved the girls screaming in the car when they saw the mountains. The excitement they exhibited the entire time made the trip so worth it....even if most of our time was spent in the car. We also went to Lake Lure to see what that was all about. I believe we will come back in the summer so we can enjoy the many water slides and beaches. But, the lake was beautiful. They also had tours to see the Dirty Dancing places (which I would have LOVED) but with a 2 year old on a pontoon for an hour, I don't think would have gone over too well. Overall, a wonderful, beautiful Saturday for a day adventure in the mountains....makes me wish I lived in the hills. Ha! 

The car ride up....looks like they are having fun, right. Well, it wasn't a second after I shot this that Belle starts screaming for who-knows- what for half an hour.  
 Nothing beats eating Chick-fil-a in the back of the car. 
Beautiful corn maze at Granddad's Apples

 Great apple picking, straight from the wooden crates...ha!



 A huge gorilla at an apple orchard....makes perfectly good sense. 




 Love this one of the girls



 That's me in the very back trying to get myself squeezed into this barrel of fun!!





 Walking the trail at Lake Lure
 Hello, little duckie! 


 My usual task of getting Belle back into the car. The struggles of a 2 year old. 

No comments: