I've waited for this moment of having a girl and taking her to her first dance class. Well, today was the big day and Allie-Ann just loved it. She's taking a combo class of tap/ballet. So after 30 minutes of tap, she comes out of the studio to change into her ballet shoes for another 30 minutes of ballet. It's a big deal this dancing thing. I just didn't imagine the entire space inside to be filled with a bunch of girls smelling of hair spray (my child included) with their hair pulled up in a little, tiny bun (serious stuff). We aren't ready for the bun yet....heaven help me on that one. But, I was able to slick her hair back pretty good. Other than the hair and tights, I would say that it was a pretty successful first class. She came out all smiles and just wanted to dance more. I'm hoping this is a good sign and that she doesn't get too bored. We WILL make it to the recital and we WILL have pictures of her in a dance costume, even if it is for one year only. But, right now dance is totally cool...as my 4 year old would say. Here are some pictures of my little ballerina!
Can we say, Nutcracker next year..ha!
Of course having Allie-Ann's best friend Charlotte at dance with her is a plus.




No comments:
Post a Comment