WE HAVE BEGUN.....
DUM DUM DUM....POTTY TRAINING!!! Yes, I checked off all the usual signs that you start to notice when it's time...walking like she is riding a horse, check...wanting to go to the potty with mommy, check...pulling down her own pants, check...saying "potty", check...not liking her diaper wet, check, reading books on potty, check, check, check.
Soooo, we ventured out today to our favorite store, Target to buy a potty seat. Man, the selections, who would ever think of paying $35 for a potty that holds pee pee and poop poop, NOT ME!!!! So we bought this cute little potty froggy for her (see picture below). She LOVES it and all she kept saying in the store was "Froggy Potty, Froggy Potty." We went with it. Of course Kyle liked the $10 seat but we paid an extra buck for the cute design. When we got home, of course all she wanted to do was sit on it. I haven't researched nearly enough of potty training but I did know that we would try it out after lunch, so we did and can you believe that she actually PEE
PEEd in the potty!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it!! She just sat there and did it, they didn't say it was going to be that easy in the books I have read, so maybe it's just beginner's luck but I rewarded her nonetheless with a cookie. She felt so proud and I had to call people to tell them the BIG news so that she could see that I was bragging on her. I think it worked. Because the next thing I knew she was sitting back on the potty, pants down trying to do it again. I hope this continues but I know that realistically it won't be THIS easy. This is only day 1 after all. I will keep you posted....
On her potty for the first time...

Thinking things through, a book basket of books to come for her potty spot.

THE FROGGY POTTY!!!!

Checking things out..
Hummmm
Can't a girl have a little privacy around here???

On another note, to stay cool, we went to
LOWE's!! Lowe's is actually a great place to take toddlers, there are lots of things to touch and feel with adult guidance. She can turn fake knobs, feel carpet pieces, work on her colors in the paint department, play phone with the PVC pipes, study all the bright lights and fans, pull cabinet drawers and refrigerator drawers open, the options are unlimited. We found out that they offer classes on Saturdays for little ones to build things, so we went thinking it was at 11:00 but found out it was at 9:00am..bummer but we will be back.

Just some random pictures..


So I'm always going to be a teacher at heart, even though I'm taking a little time off from the classroom. I've turned Allie-Ann's play room into a mini-classroom. I can't help myself, Kyle says that if he finds another label, he's going to put me on "
Label Restriction."


1 comment:
Wendy, Potty training could be that easy for you! My sister had great luck/success with her first child! She was potty trained before she was two! WAY before my boys!!!! Good luck! And, don't feel bad about labeling in the play room, I've done it too! Helps the boys (and me) know quickly what goes where in the drawers!
Post a Comment